With just a little prep work and an hour in the oven, you can have this delicious, savory meatloaf in front of your hungry brood.
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tsp each; Italian seasoning, salt, pepper
- 1/4 cup +2 tbsp milk
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 jars beef gravy, divided
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, seasoning, salt, pepper, milk, garlic, and dried onion. Mix to moisten well. Let rest for 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 375*.
Stir the moistened bread mixture and break up the clumps. Add the ground chuck. Mix to thoroughly combine.
Form into a loaf and drop into a 9×5 loaf pan. Spread top with 1/4 cup of gravy.
Bake for one hour. Remove from oven and rest on counter 10 minutes before slicing.
Heat the remaining gravy on the stovetop.
Serve meatloaf with mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetable.